We face many misleading views of our faith. Too often religion is blamed for being anti-science, and some claim that religion foments violence. Learn the truth. The University Series offers a variety of sessions that help us learn more about our faith so that we can better live our life and can evangelize others.
Pre-register to show up at the virtual or parish door. We welcome everyone.
Bishop Robert Barron
Chairman of the Board
There is so much going on in our world today, as there has been actually in every age. We believe Our Lord can address every modern issue in a way that will bring you lasting happiness. Our courses are designed to do just that, as they have done over the 21-year history of The University Series. Decide now to deepen your understanding of our faith and find the peace that has always been Our Lord’s will for you. Decide to attend these University Series sessions, whether in person or on-line. All in your household are welcome!
Fr. Dave Heney
When, Who & What to Expect
- The University Series runs March 3 to April 7, 2022 virtually and in-person, virtually using the Zoom Webinar platform and in person. See the "Calendar at a Glance" for the complete schedule.
- The University Series offers seminars connecting faith with real life in areas such as current events, contemporary moral issues, evangelization, faith and science, marriage and family, church history, scripture, and prayer. All sessions are non-accredited and presented for the purpose of spiritual and personal growth.
- University faculty have extensive knowledge in their fields. They love to teach and connect faith with real life. Sessions include presentations, multi-media, and time for your questions at the end of each session. You do not need to worry about quizzes or tests. Just ask your own questions!
Registration & Tuition
- THERE IS NO MAIL IN REGISTRATION THIS YEAR.
- SEASON PASS OPTION (only available for purchase through Ash Wednesday, March 2). Season Pass $50, with YouTube On-Demand Access to recorded presentations (available after the conclusion of the entire Series). The Season Pass allows access to ALL virtual sessions and ALL in-person sessions. Please print your Season Pass from your emailed receipt in order to attend in-person sessions. No laminated Season Passes will be distributed this year.
- SINGLE SESSION OPTION (available for purchase until the day before the presentation begins for both virtual and in-person sessions): Single Session Price - $5 per class. No payments will be accepted at the door for in-person sessions. Simply click on the link on your receipt for a virtual session. (If you download the Zoom app, log in and enter the class code for instant admission.) For in-person sessions, print your receipt ahead of time, or show it on your phone at the door. Once again, you can bring a friend for free.
- Use your credit card @ theuniversityseries.org. All credit cards accepted.
- After your registration is complete, a unique URL will be available on your emailed receipt. Click on the link in your email receipt, and go right to class! If you download the Zoom app, log in and enter the class code for instant admission.
- This program is presented by University Series Foundation, Inc., a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. Tax donation statements are available on request. All net proceeds go toward future educational programs.
- Refund/Cancellation Policy - There will be no refunds processed this year. Instead, we thank you for your donation to The University Series for further development.
- Check here for any updates or changes during the Series.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org any time, or call 805-496-0222 Ext. 119 during business hours. New to Zoom? Go to www.theuniversityseries.org and click on the box on the bottom left for helpful hints. Difficulty logging in before a class? Click on the box on the bottom right for the help desk. Help will be available beginning a half-hour before the class.
- All in-person presentations are subject to the Archdiocese and County Health Directives at that time, including, but not limited to, mask mandates, and hospitality guidelines. If in-person presentations must be cancelled at the last minute, a virtual session will be substituted. Please watch the website for current, up-to-date information.